In the event of the school being closed we will continue to provide work for our pupils. Each child will be given a book in which they can complete home learning tasks.
Weekly challenges will be set on Mondays for each class, covering English, maths and topic work.
The teachers welcome questions and feedback on the work set and this can be emailed directly to them using their class email addresses:
Reading is a fundamental skill and underpins all learning. It is vital that during any period of school closure that children continue to read. Please find time every day to sit down with your child and listen to them read. We will provide children with additional reading and library books but this supply may well be quickly exhausted. If this is the case please support your child in accessing fresh reading material by:
- visiting public libraries (if they remain open)
- purchase new books from book shops or online suppliers
- sign up to a book subscription service which will deliver books to your home monthly
- share books with family and friends
- write stories for your child to read
- access ebooks on line
- read anything you have available – dictionaries, atlases, cook books, instruction manuals, etc. – as long as it interests your child
Remember, reading is fun. Time spent sharing a good book with your child is precious and invaluable.
Picture news will be providing weekly resources relating to events in the news. these are great starting points to stimulate discussion and raise awareness of current affairs.